So I was playing Wii this weekend with my family while I was home for their long vacation... While home, we were playing Wii and as I was helping create new Mii's for the friends that had come over for the evening, I thought about how these Mii's.... here I was creating a Mii that looked very similar to our friends. It is limited in exactly how much you can make these little Mii's look like you, but how different is that to how an avatar or some other sort of electronic person in some other game such as Second Life or others? Is the Mii an image of us? an electronic version of us? So after playing Wii bowling and other such games, they wanted to try Wii Fit. For those who have never played Wii Fit, the game uses a balance board for different activities, but also weighs you. It then makes your Mii fatter or skinner based on your weight. At that point, the Mii really does become a likeness of each of us....
The game seemed so normal to me before this class.... it seems now new possibilities and ideas concerning the games I play are new....
Week 14: Summing Up
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment